With heart disease and stroke becoming the top 2 health problems in the world, people are becoming more and more health conscious. And it’s about time, right? Running, gym workout and playing sports are not just for fitness enthusiasts, even regular folks should be aware that breaking a sweat and burning calories everyday even by just walking can keep the doctor away.
This is the reason why there has been a surge of wearables for fitness tracking these days: we want to know how many steps we’ve made in a day, how many calories we’ve burned to match the amount of food we eat, and we even want to make sure that we had enough sleep every night. If you’re looking for a fitness tracker that can monitor these things, I have a recommendation.
Last Thursday, September 3, 2015, Huawei–the same company which introduced the affordable yet very functional smartphone ‘Honor 6’ earlier this year–launched the Huawei Talkband B2 at the Makati Shangrila Hotel.
The TalkBand B2 is actually a hybrid smart band as it can monitor your activity and sleep, and it doubles as a Bluetooth headset for hands-free calling. It’s a stylish version of the TalkBand B1, an android smart band made of rubber which looks more like fitness tracker rather than a fashion accessory.
I’ve been wearing the Huawei Gold TalkBand B2 Executive Edition for 3 days now and here are the 10 reasons why I love this gadget:
1. It functions as a very good Bluetooth headset because it’s equipped with dual-microphone, noise reduction technology and quality Bluetooth connectivity. It is also equipped with smart detection to understand whether the Bluetooth earpiece is on the wristband or not, allowing it to automatically push audio (music/call) to the smartphone or B2 bracelet.
Simply pop the module out of the strap and plug it in your ear, turning it from a wrist-based tracker to a hands free headset in seconds.
2. With its superb battery performance, this gadget can last up to five days before you charge it again. It can support continuous call time up to six hours, and 12 days’ standby time. It only takes an hour and a half to fully charge this device.
3. It’s water resistant so you don’t have to worry if it gets soaked with sweat while jogging or working out at the gym. Just don’t use it when swimming, we have a different fitness tracker for that.
4. Every fitness enthusiasts know that in order to maintain a healthy heart and lungs and for weight and gluctose level management as well, you need to walk at least 10,000 steps a day. The TalkBand B2 can track the number of steps you commit each day to help you achieve your health goals.
5. With its innovative 6-axis motion sensor, the TalkBand B2 can also automatically detect different activities with higher accuracy, such as running cycling or climbing/hiking.
6. The TalkBand B2 can also calculate the amount of calories burned by different activities to help you balance your diet with your workout. For example, you craved for fastfood and got tempted to eat burger, fries and sundae so you will need to burn at least 300 calories in order to keep a slim figure. The device will track the number of calories that you burn each day so you will know how many minutes you need to spend at the thread mill that day.
7. You can sync the data with your mobile phone by downloading the Huawei Wear app. This way, you can monitor your progress on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. You can even share your achievement with your friends via social networks with this app.
8. The same 6-axis sensor, likewise allows the TalkBand B2 to automatically identify and record motions accurately, detect the duration of deep sleep and light sleep, and provide consumers with health tips on ways to improve their sleep pattern.
Research shows that adults who get fewer than seven hours of sleep—-whether for just one night or over the course of days, weeks, or months-—have more difficulty concentrating and more mood problems than people who sleep seven to eight hours. This gadget can help you make sure that you get at least get 7 hours of sleep in order to be productive in your daily routine.
9. In this age where multitasking has become a part of your daily routine, the TalkBand B2 is the perfect companion for your busy life allowing you to continue working without having to fumble for your phone and miss that important call. It also motivates you to become fitness/health conscious even when you’re at work or traveling.
10. You can wear it anywhere because of its stylish and elegant design. Contrary to your regular fitness tracker which is made of rubber, you can wear it as a watch or as a fashion accessory even in formal events where you don decent clothes. It can match any attire because its watchband is made of luxurious brown leather with a metal bracket made of high strength, light weight aviation aluminum.
The device is also unobtrusive to wear. Once you’ve strapped it on, it’s so comfortable you probably won’t notice it’s there.
Now let’s talk about the price. The Gold TalkBand B2 Executive Edition, the one I’ve been using for 3 days now, is priced P7,990 per piece. It also comes with black and white Sport Edition (rubber strap) priced at P 6990 per unit. The Huawei TalkBand B2 is now available in all Huawei Brand Shops and other gadget stores nationwide.
For more information about this device and other Huawei gadgets, visit www.consumer.huawei.com/ph. For updates on Huawei products, follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by the handle @HuaweiDevicePH.
Check out the TV commercial for Huawei TalkBand B2: