(UPDATED LIST) Here are the Top 20 Most Popular Twitter Celebrities in the Philippines as of July 24, 2013.
1. Anne Curtis (@annecurtissmith: 5,011,417 followers) just reached 5 million followers last July 22 on Twitter. With her regular gig in ‘It’s Showtime’ and her many endorsements (just drive pass EDSA and you will see her billboards everywhere); Anne has totally dominated the entertainment scene! No wonder she is the most popular Filipino celebrity on Twitter and earned the amount of followers she has today. And there is no sign that this trend is gonna stop. As long as her comical charm will continually dominate, Anne’s following will constantly shoot up like a constellation in the celebrity universe.
2. Fresh from the success of her Star Cinema movie “Four Sisters and a Wedding”, Angel Locsin (@143redangel: 3,400,060 followers) remains to be one of the most popular celebrities on Twitter. With her ‘angelic’ face, beautiful smile and voluptuous curves, Angel has captivated millions of followers on the social networking world. But more than the pretty face, Angel has remained to be one of the nicest and most down-to-earth celebrities. It is of no surprise that she caught the heart, not only of the famous football player, but also the hearts of the many Filipino tweeps.
3. Who can ever resist Vice Ganda (@vicegandako : 3,022,158 followers)? With his witty punch-lines and crazy jokes, Vice has redefined ‘comedy’ in the country. And as he continually make us laugh out loud, be it on TV or in his movies, Vice Ganda’s star will continually shine! More to that, his sense of humor seems to be infectious, that getting a daily dose of it on Twitter will be a pretty good idea if you’re in dire need of positivity and humor!
4. What makes Angelica Panganiban (@IamAngelicaP: 3,000,049 followers) stand out is the fact that she doesn’t take her self too seriously and that she is confident enough to make fun of her self on national television (check her out on the show ‘Banana Split’). She is real as she gets and she’s one of the most sincere folks in showbiz. More to that, she’s one of the most beautiful faces in the industry. Landing on the 4th spot is a well-deserved one for this lady.
5. With her various advocacies on hunger and helping those who are in need, UN’s World Food Program ambassador KC Concepcion (@kc_concepcion: 2,765,096 followers) is the celebrity to follow for those who want to be involved. Furthermore, she had proven through the recently concluded reality singing competition that she got the ‘X-factor’ as well! She doesn’t only sing, act and dance; but she also host excellently!
6. Although Sam Milby (@samuelmilby: 2,693,636 followers) is playing a dark character in the teleserye “Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala,” it didn’t hinder him on accumulating numerous followers. With his boy-next-door appeal, superb singing chops and charisma, Sam is the dude to beat! Now that he’s back on primetime television with ‘Kahit Konting Pagtingin’ alongside Paolo Avelino and Angeline Quinto, Sam’s number of followers will definitely skyrocket.
7. Luis Manzano (@luckymanzano: 2,583,703 followers) seems to be one of the busiest hosts in showiz today. He’s currently hosting ‘Minute to Win It’ and ‘Deal or No Deal’; and he’s doing some acting gigs on the side. And not only is he the busiest, but also one of the most successful male celebrities in the country. No surprise then that this amazing TV host has earned innumerable followers on twitter.
8. Cristine Reyes (@mscristinereyes: 2,523,937 followers). If there is a star oozing with appeal, it will be Cristine Reyes. This lovely and gorgeous lass has climbed on the 8th spot for the most number of followers (at the expense of Bianca Gonzales who dropped to 9th from no. 7 last January). With her career continually on the rise, Christine has proven that she’s a triple threat. And her no-holds-bar and candid tweets are worth to follow!
9. The most commendable thing about Bianca Gonzalez (@iamsuperbianca: 2,487,441 followers) is that she’s fearless enough to voice out her opinion. By doing so, she is able to educate, inform and influence people. She’s utilizing social media as a platform to help build this nation’s backbone, which is an ‘informed citizenry’. With over a million followers, Bianca is continually uplifting this nation in her own little ways and molding the future for the next generation.
10. Nikki Gil (@nikkigil: 2,353,544 followers) – TV and theater actress, ASAP mainstay. Although she has no other TV projects as of this moment, well aside from a recurring role in the now defunct “Apoy sa Dagat,” Nikki is very active on Twitter. In fact, she was able to break into the Top 10 at the expense of Iya Villania who dropped to no. 11.