After opening the nominations for 100 Asian Heartthrobs 2021, we shall begin the eliminations that will serve as the first round in our search for the ultimate heartthrob in the region. Please take note that we are going to have a NEW winner this year because South Korea’s Kim Taehyung was inducted into our Hall of Fame in 2020 after winning the popular online poll for three years in a row since 2018.
For the eliminations, we will divide more than 100 nominees into twelve groups of nine heartthrobs that will correspond to 12 preliminary polls. The winner or the highest vote-getter from each group will advance in our Battle Round. The second placer from each group will be given a second chance in our 13th and 14th poll which will serve as our wildcard polls. The two winners from these wildcard polls will also advance to the Battle Round, a total of 14 semifinalists. Since there are only 12 “second placers” that will be given another chance in the wildcard round, we will choose 6 more heartthrobs that we deem deserving of another chance.
Here are the voting mechanics for the 14 group eliminations:
- You can choose 1 up to a maximum of 5 heartthrobs when you cast your vote(s).
- This is an unlimited poll. You will be allowed to vote again after you cast your vote(s). Simply refresh the browser and solve the reCaptcha puzzle in order to vote again. You may need to delete cache to refresh the voting widget.
- Each poll will be open for 15 days.
- The nominee with the highest total number of votes will advance to the Battle Round.
- The second placer from each group will compete again in Group 13 and 14 (wildcard polls).
SEMIFINALS BOUT 1
Bout 1 poll will be closed on May 19, 2021 at 12:00 noon HKG/TPE timezone.
SEMIFINALS BOUT 2
Bout 2 poll will be closed on May 19, 2021 at 12:00 noon HKG/TPE timezone.
Group 13 poll will be closed on May 9, 2021 at 12:00 noon HKG/TPE timezone.