With a net worth of P1.13 billion, the world’s Best Pound-for-Pound Boxer and Sarangani Representative Manny Pacquiao is the country’s richest congressman.
Here are the Top 10/284 Richest Congressmen in the Philippines:
1. Manny Pacquiao (Sarangani) – P1.13 billion
2. Alfredo Benitez (Negros Occidental 3rd district) – P624.85 million
3. Imelda Marcos (Ilocos Norte) – P623.6 million
4. Julio Ledesma IV (Negros Occidental 1st district) – P555 million
5. Ferdinand Romualdez (Leyte) – P475.61 million
6. Augusto Boboy Syjuco (Iloilo 2nd district) – P294.6 million
7. Feliciano Belmonte (House Speaker) – P283.29 million;
8. Enrique Cojuangco (Tarlac) – P199.59 million
9. Rodolfo Fariñas (Ilocos Norte) – P195.78 million
10. Ferjenel Biron (Iloilo 4th district) – P165.996 million
Former President and incumbent Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was in 17th place with a declared net worth of P140.2 million. Her brother-in-law, Negros Occidental Rep. Ignacio “Iggy” Arroyo, followed her closely at 18th place with P137.9 million.
Mrs. Arroyo’s sons, Ang Galing Pinoy party-list Rep. Juan Miguel “Mikey” Arroyo and Camarines Sur Rep. Diosdado “Dato” Arroyo, were at the 27th and 35th spots, with P95.5 million and P87.2 million net worth, respectively.
The richest cabinet member, on the other hand, is Dept. of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Albert del Rosario with P627 million net worth.