The ten finalists in the New Breed Full Length Feature Category are (in alphabetical order):
1. Amok by Lawrence Fajardo
2. Ang Babae sa Septic Tank by Chris Martinez
3. Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa by Alemberg Ang and Alvin Yapan
4. Baby Factory by Edwardo W. Roy, Jr. and Jerome Zamora
5. Cuchera by Joseph Israel M. Laban and Janice O’Hara
6. E-libings: Your Loss, Our Luck by Rommel Andreo Sales
7. Ligo na U, Lapit Na Me by Noel Ferrer, Jerry Gracio and Erick Salud
8. Niño by Loy Arcenas
9. Teoriya by Alistaire Christian E. Chan
10. The Dog Show by Ralston G. Jover.
Meanwhile, the five finalists in next year’s Directors’ Showcase category are:
1. Bisperas (Eve) by Jeffrey Jeturian
2. Busong (Fate) by Auraeus Solito
3. Henerala by Mario O’Hara
4. Isda (Fable of the Fish) by Adolfo Alix Jr.
5. Patikul by Joel C. Lamangan
The ten finalists of the New Breed Full Length Feature category will each receive a P500,000 seed grant from the Cinemalaya Foundation as investment for the production. The Best Full Length Feature Film will receive a prize of P200,000 and the Balanghai Trophy.
The finalists of the Directors showcase will each receive a P500,000 seed grant from the Cinemalaya Foundation. The Best Film in the Directors Showcase will receive a prize of P300,000 and the Balanghai Trophy.
The 7th edition of Cinemalaya will be held on July 15-24, 2011 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines. It is a project of the of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Inc., in partnership with the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP), the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP), and the Econolink Investments, Inc. (EEI).
Image courtesy of Cinemalaya