With the new year just around the corner, it makes sense to revamp your living spaces, so you have a clean slate. If you’ve been less than impressed with your home, there are plenty of projects you can take on to make your home better than ever. Whether you renovate your entire home, or simply get your hands a little dirty with a few DIY projects, you deserve an updated home that reflects your unique personality and aesthetic preferences. Keep reading to learn how you can transform your home, room by room.
Your bathroom should have a spa-like feel that helps you relax and allows the worries of your day to fade away from your mind. If your bathroom isn’t up to snuff, there are plenty of ways to make it feel more relaxing.
- Invest in new towels: You might not think much about your towels, but they can add an interesting pop of color and texture to your bathroom. Plus, a new set of luxurious bath towels can really put your bathroom experience over the top.
- New shower curtain and bathmats: Another way to change up the look and feel of your bathroom is to switch out the shower curtain. Get a shower curtain that’s a neutral to provide a calming look and feel to your home.
- Replace fixtures and lights: Replace your dingy old fixtures with stainless steel or pewter. You can also replace your old yellow lights with pure white LEDs. Not only will LEDs provide more flattering light, but they’ll also use less energy and can help lower your electricity bill!
The living room is another incredibly important part of your home. Here are some ways to liven it up:
- Canvas prints: Want to make your living room feel more personal? Get some canvas prints to personalize the space a bit! Canvas pictures from CanvasPeople are the perfect solution!
- New floor lamps: Need new lighting over the seating area in your living room? Get a new, modern floor lamp to provide stylish illumination.
- A fresh coat of paint: A new coat of paint can revitalize a boring living room. Choose calming colors like blue or green.
Your kitchen is often the heart of the home. It’s where you share meals with loved ones, eat your favorite recipes, and hang out. It makes sense to dedicate time and effort to ensuring that your kitchen is well-stocked and designed. Curious about ways you can enhance your kitchen? Here are some easy projects you can take on in 2021.
- Put up a new tile backsplash: An easy way to update the look and feel of your kitchen is to put up a new backsplash. Luckily for you, this is a project you can do yourself. All you need is some peel-and-stick tile backsplash adhesives – it’s an easy, fun way to make your kitchen feel more modern.
- Paint your cabinets: Replacing and installing new cabinets is quite an expense. Instead, change the look of your cabinetry by painting them a shade of white or ivory.
Here are some ways to revamp your bedroom:
- Get a new mattress: A new mattress can help you fall asleep faster and give you a more refreshing morning experience. Consider investing in a memory foam mattress for the best sleeping experience possible.
- Replace your duvet: Has it been a long time since you’ve gotten a new duvet? Switch up the color scheme in your bedroom by investing in a brand new duvet. Trust us, you won’t regret it.
- Add plants and greenery: Plants and greenery can help cheer up a dull bedroom. Look for plants that will thrive in your bedroom’s lighting conditions. Or, choose plants that do well in all sorts of conditions like a nice pothos plant.
Conclusion: Change Up Your Home
If you want to make sure that your home is comfortable and cozy, it makes sense to spend some time and money on it! Consider taking on a few of the projects in this article, you won’t regret it. With these tips, you’ll easily transform your house into your dream home.