TV5 keeps on shining brighter this Ber-months with the influx of stars gracing the Kapatid Network’s upcoming entertainment programs that will bring cheers to Filipino households. Headlining the new shows are the likes of Piolo Pascual, Korina Sanchez, Aga Muhlach, Ian Veneracion, Billy Crawford, Matteo Guidicelli, Maja Salvador, Sue Ramirez, Dimples Romana, Alex Gonzaga, and Catriona Gray.
“TV5 has something for everybody. We aim to deliver a fresh new perspective at how audiences enjoy the network’s entertainment, news and sports programs,” enthuses Robert P. Galang, President, and CEO of Cignal TV and TV5. “The new program line-up does not only set the bar higher for innovativeness and production values but also reinforces TV5’s vision to become a formidable force in Philippine television as it continues to challenge traditional programming standards and reinvigorate the network’s adaptability to survive and thrive in this pandemic and beyond,” he added.
The news of the partnership of TV5 with block timers comes months after Cignal TV & TV5 Chairman Manny V. Pangilinan declared an open invitation. “We are revving up our entertainment content creation and will need creatives, talents, directors, scriptwriters, cameramen, etc.,” he shared last August. According to the Chairman, Cignal TV & TV5’s doors are open; offering alternative jobs for displaced workers in the entertainment industry; a clear display that the priorities of the network is to give a helping hand and keep people afloat amidst the pandemic.
One of the network’s most recent block time partners, Brightlight Productions will be airing new shows on the channel beginning October 18. Its President and CEO, former Rep. Albee Benitez, urged the halt of network wars, sharing that “it’s time that all of us should work together. Right now, I don’t think there should be a network war.” He also mentions that stars should be given flexibility and be allowed to take on work where it is available. “I think that should be our landscape moving forward,” he concluded.
Earlier, Archangel media launched its slew of programs and its president, Michael Tuviera has this to say: “We at Archangel Media are absolutely honored to be working in partnership with Cignal TV and TV5. With the uncertainty that is clouding our industry and the whole world right now, it is so encouraging to collaborate with other like-minded individuals and groups who share the same goals as we do. We all want to create more jobs out there for our hard-working brethren in the industry. We all want to create content that will not only entertain but provoke and inspire as well. We all want to help make our industry, our country, and our world, a better place than it was yesterday.
Together with Cignal TV and TV5, Archangel Media is proud to be pushing forth in what we hope is a new age in Philippine Television – where unity and collaboration take precedence over competition, where the focus will continue to be on the audience who lend their eyes and ears to the stories we tell, and where, as before and always – Content is King.”
Viva, who has a long-standing partnership with Cignal TV, thru its president and COO, Vincent del Rosario said “We’re very happy that Viva’s partnership with Cignal and TV5 has been going strong, given that our joint venture company, SSNI, is now on it’s 5th year. I guess what makes it fun working with the group is the collaborative nature of the relationship where each side has an equal say on the creative direction to take in every project.
As for the effect that this will bring to the industry, we believe that this will not only bring some parity in the network wars, but will also open more job opportunities for the artists and the creative and production communities.”
With Cignal TV continuing to forge new partnerships and collaborations, TV5 can definitely promise bigger and better -BER months in store for its viewers in the last quarter. With new programs and new stars joining the fray, there is truly much to look forward to. Some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry have shared their sentiments of feeling blessed and grateful to be working again; proving that life is indeed brighter when we come together to carry out a single mission: to give hope, excitement, and inspiration to Filipinos.
● Award-winning journalist Korina Sanchez-Roxas who will launch her latest news magazine and lifestyle show Rated Korina, shares “I feel blessed that I didn’t have to wait so long to get back on free TV. I have many friends in TV5 so it’s like having a family again. Tuloy ang ligaya!”
● “Despite all these trying times, I’m very thankful for an opportunity to work again. I am very happy also that my Kapamilyas are also my Kapatids”, shared by actress, comedian, singer and host Alex Gonzaga as she is back in TV5 to host Lunch Out Loud.
● International singer and TV host Billy Crawford leads the vibrant cast of Masked Singer Pilipinas. Crawford expresses his gratitude for TV5’s support and encouragement sharing, “Sobrang excited na kami. Nagpapasalamat kami sa Diyos sa biyaya na binigay Niya sa amin, itong programa na ito. At sa TV5, just for opening your doors, and your windows and your blinds, maraming salamat. Enjoy, enjoyin na natin ito, kasi talagang maraming exciting news ang ihahandog ng Kapatid natin, kasi talaga marami-rami ito. Handa lang kayong lahat, be patient as much as everybody’s trying to be. Thank you so much.”
● Multi-award winning Filipino actor and one of the judges for Masked Singer Pilipinas, Aga Muhlach shared that it’s time for artists to unite, “Dapat naman hindi divided ang mga artista. Dapat always welcome ang lahat. Pare-pareho tayo, iisang industriya ang ginagalawan. Tigilan na natin ang dibisyon. May Kapuso, Kapamilya, Kapatid. Lahat tayo nasa entertainment industry. Mas masaya ang publiko kung hindi hiwa-hiwalay.”
● Ria Atayde of Chika, BESH!, which launched in August and includes Pokwang and Pauleen Luna-Sotto, expresses feeling at home in her new network. “It’s exciting to know that a lot of us will be here now regardless of network, cause also at this point, parang at a time of a pandemic, network wars should not be a concern at the moment. Everybody is just trying to live, everybody is just trying to get by and I’m grateful that everybody was given this chance that we have now.”
● Bangon Talentadong Pinoy host Ryan Agoncillo, a returning talent of TV5, muses, “One of the better reasons that Talentadong Pinoy is now reincarnated as Bangon Talentadong Pinoy really it’s a call to action not just for the audience but yung sa mga Kapatid natin mismo.” He also adds, “You know it’s always been the culture of TV5, I think from a long time ago, to always be the safe place, so now this is the train that you wanna be on and Bangon Talentadong PInoy is such a representation of what we all stand for. Tayong mga Kapatid dito sa TV5, we are reaching the maturity and sabay-sabay tayo na babangon, sama-sama. This is a safe ground for everyone. This is the train you wanna be on.”
As Cignal TV beefs up TV5’s entertainment roster giving its audience more meaningful reasons to come together, not only have they come up with exciting programs, but they have also given opportunities to people in the industry: from the biggest celebrities, producers, directors, writers, cameramen, and crew who work behind the scenes. The ultimate goal is to unite Filipinos by giving them top-notch entertainment that they can look forward to.
Unveiling waves of entertainment programs produced by blocktimers with favorite stars, the network reinforces its mission to bring bigger and better -BER months as the year comes to a close. Indeed, a new TV experience will be explored, rewritten, and remade. We are in for a new chapter where creativity and collaboration flourishes between talents and creatives and where ideas have no limits or no network walls.
● Sunday Noontime Live, directed by Johnny Manahan is a Sunday noontime musical variety show to be hosted by Piolo Pascual, Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray together with Maja Salvador, Donny Pangilinan, and Jake Ejercito is set to premiere this coming October 18 from 12:00NN-2:00PM. You can also enjoy its same day catch-up airing at 8:00PM on Colours Channel 202 HD and Channel 60 SD on Cignal TV.
● I Got You, directed by Dan Villegas, is an upcoming romance drama series, set to premiere on October 18. It airs on Sunday afternoon from 2:00-3:00PM. The show features young and versatile actors such as Beauty Gonzales, Jane Oineza, and RK Bagatsing.
● Sunday Kada is an upcoming comedy show to complete the Sunday viewing full of laughter, directed by Edgar Mortiz featuring Jayson Gainza, Ritz Azul, Wacky Kiray, Miles Ocampo, Daniel Matsunaga, Jerome Ponce, Josh Colet, Sunshine Garcia, Jhen Maloles, and Badji Mortiz. The show will premiere this October 18, and will air every Sunday, 3:00-4:00PM.
● Lunch Out Loud is the newest noon-time variety show full of fun games and surprises, giving more chances of winning to viewers even at home. With a line-up of amazing comedians and hosts such as Billy Crawford, Alex Gonzaga, Wacky Kiray, K Brosas, Bayani Agbayani, KC Montero and Macoy Dubs; which will be airing on October 19 from Monday to Saturday, 12:00NN-2:00PM.
● Rated Korina, a long-running news magazine and lifestyle show will feature remarkable stories from various walks of life and will be hosted by the veteran broadcaster Ms.Korina Sanchez-Roxas, which is set to premiere this October 24 from 4:00-5:00PM every Saturday.
● Oh My Dad is a wholesome family sitcom starring Ian Veneracion, Dimples Romana, Sue Ramirez, Louise Abuel and Adrian Lindayag, to be helmed by Director Jeffrey Jeturian, which will premiere on October 24 from 5:00-6:00PM every Saturday.