While the world awaits the blockbuster hits announced for the upcoming year (the new Batman being one of the most talked-about films in 2020), filmophiles are taking the time to cherish the most memorable Academy Award winners that marked the 21st and 20th centuries.
Here’s a list of inspirational Oscar-winning movie quotes recommended by the best custom essay writers.
1. “Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends.” (Legends of the Fall, 1994)
Legends of the Fall won the Academy Award for the Best Cinematography in 1995 (while also being nominated for Best Production Design and Best Sound Mixing).
2. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, 2008)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button won the Academy Awards for the Best Production Design, Best Visual Effects, and Best Makeup and Hairstyling in 2009.
3. “Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.” (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, 2002)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers won the Academy Awards for the Best Visual Effects and Best Sound Editing in 2003.
4. “Liberty is a soul’s right to breathe.” (Good Will Hunting, 1997)
Good Will Hunting won the Academy Awards for the Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor in 1998.
5. “Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating.” (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 2004)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind won the Academy Award for the Best Original Screenplay in 2005.
6. “Losers are people who are so afraid of not winning, they don’t even try.” (Little Miss Sunshine, 2006)
Little Miss Sunshine won the Academy Awards for the Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor in 2007.
7. “Forgive me, Majesty. I’m a vulgar man. But I assure you, my music is not.” (Amadeus, 1984)
Amadeus won the Academy Awards in eight different categories, including Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Director in 1985.
8. “Can you keep a secret? I’m trying to organize a prison break. I’m looking for, like, an accomplice. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?” (Lost in Translation, 2003)
Lost in Translation won the Academy Award for the Best Original Screenplay in 2004, with four additional nominations.
9. “Perfection is not just about control. It’s also about letting go.” (Black Swan, 2010)
Black Swan won the Academy Award for the Best Actress in 2011, and was nominated for four more categories.
10. “What we do in life, echoes in eternity.” (Gladiator, 2000)
Gladiator won five Academy Awards and was nominated for seven more in 2001.
11. “I’ve made the most important discovery of my life. It’s only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found. I’m only here tonight because of you. You are the only reason I am… you are all my reasons.” (A Beautiful Mind, 2001)
A Beautiful Mind won four Academy Awards, while nominated for four more categories in 2002.
12. “Mama always said: Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” (Forrest Gump, 1994)
Forrest Gump was very successful and critically acclaimed, receiving six Oscars in 1995.
13. “When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.” (The Sound of Music, 1965)
The Sound of Music won five Academy Awards in 1966.
14. “There’s a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.” (Braveheart, 1995)
Braveheart won five Academy Awards in 1996.
15. “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… To make each day count.” (Titanic, 1997)
Titanic was a smashing hit with eleven Oscars won in 1998, and a receiver of a great number of other awards as well.
16. “Once in a while people need to make their friends feel as they did when they were children.” (The Great Beauty, 2013)
The Great Beauty won the Academy Award for the International Feature Film in 2014.
17. “The earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road.” (Out of Africa, 1985)
Out of Africa won seven Academy Awards in 1986, while also being nominated in several additional categories.
Ashley Simmons is a professional journalist and essay writer working in a newspaper in Salt Lake City for 4 years. She is a master of her craft and a dedicated content writing expert in topics that include psychology, modern education, business, and marketing innovations.