Our search for the 100 Asian Heartthrobs of 2020 kicks off by opening the nominations to the public. Who do you think are the 100 young and charming Asian male celebrities that made an impact on the region and the whole world in the past 12 months?
Here are the simple mechanics to nominate your favorite celebrity:
- Simply post your nominations in the comment section below.
- You can nominate as often as you like for higher visibility.
- Our criteria for accepting nominations: He must be 16 to 35 years old, he must have an Asian ethnicity or a citizen of any Asian country, he must be charming, and we also give weight to popularity index.
- You can see who we accept via our Instagram posts (@starmometer). We will fast-track 40 nominees in the semifinals. The other 10 will come from our wildcard poll which will be opened on January 15, 2019.
- The Top 50 semifinalists will enter our Battle Round which is happening this February.
As you may know, Kim Taehyung of South Korea topped our 2018 and 2019 polls. If he wins again this year, he will be inducted in our Hall of Fame and he will never have to compete again in our future editions.
And another thing, when we say Asia we are talking about countries in the following regions: Central (Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan); East (China, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau); South (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nepal, the Maldives); and Southeast (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam). Transcontinental nations like Russia, Turkey, Egypt, and all countries in the middle east are not included.
So let the nominations begin. Post your favorite celebrities in the comment section below!
Advancing to the semifinals (battle round) are…