Last year, netizens voted for China’s Dylan Wang as the first Asian Drama Actor of the Year for his captivating presence in the Chinese remake of the Taiwanese hit TV series “Meteor Garden.” This year, who will be chosen by couch potatoes from across the globe as the winner?
Here are the mechanics of the online poll for 2019’s “Asian Drama Actor of the Year.”
- The shortlist or the Top 40 Asian drama actors are revealed below. The selection was based on the following criteria: Acting Performance – 40%, Charisma – 30%, and Popularity Index – 30%.
- The 12 finalists will be revealed on December 4, 2019.
- After the 12 finalists have been announced, we will open the poll for netizens around the world to choose their favorite and vote.
- The actor with the highest votes will be named 2019’s Asian Drama Actor of the Year.
In alphabetical order, here are the 40 nominees for Asian Drama Actor of the Year for 2019:
- Alden Richards, “The Gift” (PHILIPPINES)
- Cha Eun-Woo, “Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Deng Lun, “My True Friends” (CHINA)
- Huu Vi, “Descendants of the Sun” (VIETNAM)
- Isariya Patharamanop, “Don’t Sleep My Hero” (THAILAND)
- Jason Koo, “Dive” (CHINA)
- Ji Soo, “My First First Love” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Joshua Garcia, “The Killer Bride” (PHILIPPINES)
- Jun Gong, “Flavour It’s Yours” (CHINA)
- Jung Hae-In, “One Spring Night” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Kang Ha-Neul, “When the Camella Blooms” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Ken Chan, “The Heart Knows” (PHILIPPINES)
- Kim Myung Soo, “Angel’s Last Mission: Love” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Lai Kuanlin, “A Little Thing Called First Love” (CHINA)
- Lee Dong Wook, “Touch Your Heart” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Lee Jong-Suk, “Romance is a Bonus Book” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Lee Seung-Gi, “Vagabond” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Lin Yi, “Put Your Head on My Shoulder” (CHINA)
- Martin del Rosario, “Born Beautiful” (PHILIPPINES)
- Marthino Lio, “Grisse” (INDONESIA)
- Nadech Kugimigya, “My Love From the Star” (THAILAND)
- Nam Joo-Hyuk, “The Love In Your Eyes” (SOUTH KOREA)
- New Thitipoom, “Dark Blue Kiss” (THAILAND)
- Nicholas Teo, “A Thousand Goodnights” (TAIWAN)
- Nonkul, “Bangkok Love Stories: Plead” (THAILAND)
- Ong Seong Wu, “Moments of 18” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Park Jin Young, “He is Psychometric” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Kubota Masataka, “Radiation House” (JAPAN)
- Rowoon, “Extra-Ordinary You” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Song Joong-Ki, “Arthdal Chronicles” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Song Luang, “Descendants of the Sun” (VIETNAM)
- Song Kang, “Love Alarm” (SOUTH KOREA)
- Sumedh Mudgalkar, “RadhaKrishn” (INDIA)
- Suradet Piniwat, “2 Brothers” (THAILAND)
- Takayuki Yamada, “The Naked Director” (JAPAN)
- Takasugi Mahiro, “Takane To Hana” (JAPAN)
- Wang Run Ze, “A Little Thing Called First Love” (CHINA)
- Wang Yibo, “The Untamed” (CHINA)
- Xiao Zhan, “The Untamed” (CHINA)
- Yeo Jin Goo, “Hotel Del Luna” (SOUTH KOREA)
About the Asian Drama Awards
Asian Drama Awards is an annual online poll which aims to recognize the finest and most popular TV dramas produced throughout Asia (China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Taiwan, and ASEAN countries) from November 2018 to November 2019. It will also recognize the year’s most popular Asian drama actors and actresses who made an impact in the region via their drama series.