The Miss Universe Organization announced the roster of celebrities and experts who will judge the 2013 MISS UNIVERSE® Competition, airing Saturday, Nov. 9 on NBC (9-11 p.m. ET/PT) from Crocus City Hall in Moscow.
The panel of judges includes:
- Steven Tyler (American), Aerosmith’s front man and lead singer
- Chef Nobu Matsuhisa (Japanese), Acclaimed chef proprietor of Nobu and Matsuhisa restaurants
- Tara Lipinski (American), Gold medal figure skater and 2014 Winter Olympics figure skating analyst for NBC Olympics’ multi-platform coverage
- Carol Alt (American), TV personality, star of Fox News Channel’s ‘A HEALTHY YOU AND CAROL ALT’, international supermodel, actress, author, entrepreneur and raw-food enthusiast
- Anne Vyalitsyna (Russian), Supermodel, actress, philanthropist and mentor on Oxygen’s upcoming season of “The Face” with nine consecutive appearances in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.
- Farouk Shami (Palestinean-American), Founder of Farouk Systems, Inc. makers of CHI and presenting hair care sponsor of the 2013 MISS UNIVERSE® Competition
- Italo Fontana (Italian), Pioneering designer of U-BOAT Watches
- Philip Kirkorov (Russian), iconic Russian pop-star
In addition to his judging duties, Steven Tyler will take the stage for a special performance. Tyler and the celebrity judges join an exciting broadcast that includes performances by Grammy-nominated band Panic! At The Disco and international recording artist EMIN.
As previously announced, Thomas Roberts, anchor of (“MSNBC Live”) and Melanie Brown, best known to audiences as Mel B (“America’s Got Talent”), will co-host the pageant. Jeannie Mai, recognized for her fashion segments on NBC’s “Today,” will serve as commentator.
Throughout the MISS UNIVERSE Competition, contestants representing 86 countries will compete in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. The telecast concludes with Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo crowning her successor.
Italian swimwear and lingerie designer Yamamay will unveil their official Miss Universe collection during the worldwide telecast by featuring a one-of-a-kind emerald, ruby and diamond swimsuit valued at one million dollars. The new Miss Universe will be photographed in the million dollar suit the day after the event.
Fans can vote their favorite contestant into the semifinals through the Miss Universe Fan Vote sponsored by High 5 Games. Voting will take place now through November 8 by logging on to www.missuniverse.com or www.telemundo.com.
Meanwhile, the judges for the preliminary competition (they will determine who among the 86 contestants will enter the Top 16) are Irina Agalarov, Jose Sariego, Corinne Nicolas, David Perozzi, Elena Semikina, Alicia Quarles and Gabriel Rivera.
Source: Miss Universe Press Release