Here are the Top 20 Most Popular Twitter Celebrities in the Philippines as of January 31, 2013.
1. Anne Curtis (@annecurtissmith: 4,015,270 followers) just reached 4 million followers last January 28 on Twitter. With her regular gig in ‘It’s Showtime’, a new teleserye called ‘Kailangan Ko’y Ikaw’ on primetime with Kris Aquino and Robin Padilla, and her many endorsements (just drive pass EDSA and you will see her billboards everywhere); Anne has totally dominated the entertainment scene! No wonder she is the most popular Filipino celebrity on Twitter and earned the amount of followers she has today. And there is no sign that this trend is gonna stop. As long as her cosmical charm will continually dominate, Anne’s following will constantly shoot up like a constellation in the celebrity universe.
2. Fresh from the success of her MMFF movie “One More Try”, Angel Locsin (@143redangel: 2,693,652 followers) remains to be one of the most popular celebrities on Twitter. With her ‘angelic’ face, beautiful smile and voluptuous curves, Angel has captivated millions of followers on the social networking world. But more than the pretty face, Angel has remained to be one of the nicest and most down-to-earth celebrities. It is of no surprise that she caught the heart, not only of the famous football player, but also the hearts of the many Filipino tweeps.
3. Who can ever resist Vice Ganda (@vicegandako : 2,423,533 followers)? With his witty punch-lines and crazy jokes, Vice has redefined ‘comedy’ in the country. And as he continually make us laugh out loud, be it on TV or in his movies, Vice Ganda’s star will continually shine! More to that, his sense of humor seems to be infectious, that getting a daily dose of it on Twitter will be a pretty good idea if you’re in dire need of positivity and humor!
4. What makes Angelica Panganiban (@IamAngelicaP: 2,376,608 followers) stand out is the fact that she doesn’t take her self too seriously and that she is confident enough to make fun of her self on national television (check her out on the show ‘Banana Split’). She is real as she gets and she’s one of the most sincere folks in showbiz. More to that, she’s one of the most beautiful faces in the industry. Landing on the 4th spot is a well-deserved one for this lady.
5. With her various advocacies on hunger and helping those who are in need, UN’s World Food Program ambassador KC Concepcion (@kc_concepcion: 2,213,895 followers) is the celebrity to follow for those who want to be involved. Furthermore, she had proven through the recently concluded reality singing competition that she got the ‘X-factor’ as well! She doesn’t only sing, act and dance; but she also host excellently!
6. Maybe Sam Milby (@samuelmilby: 2,195,804 followers) wasn’t active on teleseryes during the past few years but it didn’t hinder him on accumulating numerous followers. With his boy-next-door appeal, superb singing chops and charisma, Sam is the dude to beat! Now that he’s back on primetime television with ‘Kahit Konting Pagtingin’ alongside Paolo Avelino and Angeline Quinto, Sam’s number of followers will definitely skyrocket.
7. The most commendable thing about Bianca Gonzalez (@iamsuperbianca: 2,033,276 followers) is that she’s fearless enough to voice out her opinion. By doing so, she is able to educate, inform and influence people. She’s utilizing social media as a platform to help build this nation’s backbone, which is an ‘informed citizenry’. With over a million followers, Bianca is continually uplifting this nation in her own little ways and molding the future for the next generation.
8. Luis Manzano (@luckymanzano: 2,008,785 followers) seems to be the busiest man in showiz today. He’s currently hosting ‘Minute to Win It’ and ‘Deal or No Deal’. He’s also gonna be hosting the returning show ‘Pilipinas Got Talent’; and he’s doing some acting gigs on the side. And not only is he the busiest, but also one of the most successful male celebrities in the country. No surprise then that this amazing TV host has earned innumerable followers on twitter.
9. Cristine Reyes (@mscristinereyes: 1,906,086 followers). If there is a star oozing with appeal, it will be Cristine Reyes. This lovely and gorgeous lass has landed on the 9th spot for the most number of followers. With her career continually on the rise, Christine has proven that she’s a triple threat. And her no-holds-bar and candid tweets are worth to follow!
10. Iya Villana (@iyavillania: 1,845,006 followers) Iya seems to be the sweetest gal on TV. She’s also fab and stylish! She’s a health buff as well. Just check out her curves! Iya is a total inspiration for young women out there who would like to live the healthy life that they deserve! Way to go for Iya and way to go for her over a million Twitter followers!
Below are the rest of celebrities who landed at the 11th – 20th spot for the most number of Twitter followers:
11. Nikki Gil (@nikkigil: 1,782,479 followers) – TV and theater actress, ASAP mainstay
12. Kim Atienza (@kuyakim_atienza: 1,744,163 followers) – Showtime host, TV Patrol weather anchor, ‘Matang Lawin’ Host, marathoner and Triathlete
13. Sarah Geronimo (@SGeronimo25: 1,682,444 followers) – singer, actress , host ‘Sarah G. Live’
14. Maja Salvador (@dprincessmaja: 1,646,886 followers) – actress,’ Ina, Kapatid, Anak’, ASAP mainstay
15. Ruffa Gutierrez (@iloveruffag: 1,485,271 followers) – TV host, actress
16. Pokwang (@pokwang27: 1,478,824 followers) – comedian, actress
17. Lea Salonga (@MsLeaSalonga: 1,383,813 followers) – singer/performer, columnist
18. Kathryn Bernardo (@bernardokath: 1,258, 173 followers) – actress, ‘Princess and I’, ASAP mainstay
19. Xian Lim (@XianLimm: 1,227,983 followers) – Ina, Kapatid, Anak, ASAP mainstay
20. Julia Montes (@montesjulia: 1,213,226 followers) – actress, ASAP mainstay
Image credit: Anne Curtis’ Twitter page