The Kris Aquino-Vice Ganda-Ai Ai Delas Alas starrer captured early lead, raking in P39.1 million on the first day of the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival according to the unofficial box office report by MMDA. According to the Queen of All Media, “Sisterakas” set the record for the highest single day earning for a Filipino film in history.
Trailing at no. 2 is the Vic Sotto-Bong Revilla-Judy Ann Santos starrer which scored P29.4 million.
The only entry that failed to reach the one million peso-mark on December 25 is the arfilm “Thy Womb” starring Ms. Nora Aunor.
Unofficial MMFF 2012 Gross for December 25, 2012 (Day 1)
1. Sisterakas – P39,194,312.65
2. Si Agimat Si Enteng Kabisote at si Ako – P29,393,219.10
3. One More Try – P13,160,987.40
4. Shake, Rattle & Roll 14 – P10,579,339.60
5. The Strangers – P4,902,627.00
6. El Presidente – P4,244,500.00
7. Sosy Problems – P3,036,408.75
8. Thy Womb – P908,859.00
Total – P105,420,253.50
Figures are from MMDA