The 12 finalists of this year’s Himig Handog P-POP Love Songs were as follows:
1. Ma. Fe Mechenette G. Tianga, Melvin Heurvana and Joel O. Jabat Jr. from Iloilo City who composed the song “Alaala;”
2. Jovinor Tan from Project 4, Quezon City for the song “Anong Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa;”
3. Soc Villanueva from Perth, Western Australia for ”Hanggang Wakas;”
4. Marion Aunor from Makati City for “If You Ever Change Your Mind;”
5. Julius James De Belen from Pasig City for “Kahit Na;”
6. Gideon Marcelo from Pasig City for “Nasa Iyo Na ang Lahat;”
7. Agatha Obar Morallos from Baguio City, Benguet for ” One Day;”
8. Jeffey M. Cifra from Bacoor, Cavite for “Pwede Bang Ako Na Lang Ulit;”
9. Arman Villarta Alferez for Camarin, Caloocan for “Sana’y Magbalik;”
10. Domingo Cubelo Rosco Jr. from Bohol for “Scared to Death;”
11. Wynn Andrada from Makati City for “Tamang Panahon;”
12. Jude Thaddeus Gitamondoc from Lahug, Cebu City for the song “This Song is For You.”
Now on its 5th year, “Himig Handog” makes music history once again as it continues to search for exceptional musical talents with endearing uniquely ‘Pinoy’ love songs that can transcend generations and stand out in the world like some of today’s OPM classic love songs which were popularized through “Himig Handog” including ‘Hanggang’ which was interpreted by Wency Cornejo; ‘Kung Ako Na Lang Sana’ by Bituin Escalante; ‘Kung Ako Ba S’ya’ by Piolo Pascual; ‘Bye Bye Na’ by Rico Blanco; and ‘This Guy’s In Love With You Pare’ by Parokya ni Edgar.
“Himig Handog: P-POP Love Songs” was made open to any Filipino composer (Filipino citizen or Filipino descent); here and abroad, amateur or professional; an individual composer and/or lyricist, or up to three individual composers and/or individual lyricists collaborating for one entry.