Here are the 8 Official Entries for the 2012 Metro Manila Film Festival as announced today by the MMFF committee:
1. “Sisteraka” starring Vice Ganda and Kris Aquino
(Star Cinema in partnership with Viva Films)
2. “One More Try” starring Angel Locsin, Angelica Panganiban, Dingdong Dantes and Zanjoe Marudo.
3. “Conyo Problems” starring Aljur Abrenica, Solenn Heussaff, Mikael Daez and Isabelle Daza.
4. “Si Agimat, si Enteng Kabisote and Me” starring Vic Sotto, Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. and Judy Ann Santos
(GMA Films in partnership with OctoArts, M-Zet, APT and Imus Productions)
5. “Mga Kuwento ni Lola Basyang” starring Zsa Zsa Padilla, Richard Gomez, Iza Calzado, Rufa Mae Quinto and Paolo Contis.
(TV5 in partnership with Unitel)
6. “Shake, Rattle and Roll 14” starring Vhong Navarro, Dennis Trillo, Lovi Poe, Carla Abellana, Paulo Avelino.
7. “El Presidente” starring Nora Aunor, Cristine Reyes, Cesar Montano and ER Ejercito.
(Scenema Concept International)
8. “The Strangers” starring Julia Montes, Enrique Gil, and Enchong Dee.
The MMFF committee will also launch the “New Wave Category.” It will feature notable short films made by high school and college students.