Topping USA Today’s Idol Meter is the contestant who got countless standing ovation from the judges: Joshua Ledet.
Hollie Cavanagh is currently in 3rd place while early front-runner Phillip Phillips is in fourth and “criticial” position.
But of course, there’s still a big possibility that Jessica Sanchez will win the title for 5 simple reasons:
1. She’s one of the best singers in America. Aside from the show’s judges, music industry’s experts like Jimmy Iovine and Akon know that her singing techniques are beyond her age.
2. She’s charismatic. Among all the contestants this year, Jessica’s videos on American Idol’s official YouTube channel received the highest number of hits. The second placer is not even close. Not to mention that she now has 284,413 Twitter followers.
3. She’s experienced. Her stint on America’s Got Talent when she was only 11 years old tells a lot about her maturity as a singer.
4. The producers are rooting for a girl to win this time. It’s been always boys in the last 5 years. To balance the show’s “circle of life,” a girl should win this year and between Hollie and Jessica, we know who is more deserving.
5. Pinoy Power. We can never underestimate the unity of Filipinos around the world when it comes to block voting. If it worked in Miss Universe, New 7 Wonders of Nature, etc. then why not in American Idol?
So remember, at around 11:00am to 1:00pm today (Manila time), you can cast your vote for Jessica Sanchez on American Idol’s official Facebook Page:
You can cast up to a maximum of 50 votes as long as the page loads.