Owen Wilson and a golden labrador helped Jennifer Aniston beat ex-husband Brad Pitt in holiday weekend box office.
Marley & Me, another heartwarming dog story, hit $37 million to top the US box office from Friday to Sunday.
Brad Pitt‘s The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took in $27.2 million during the same period, which was only good enough for third place.
On the other hand, Adam Sandler‘s Bedtime Stories grossed $28.1 million. The Disney fantasy movie placed 2nd to Marley and Me.
Top 10 Movies in the US Christmas Box Office
1. Marley & Me, $37 million
2. Bedtime Stories, $28.1 million
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, $27.2 million
4. Valkyrie, $21.5 million
5. Yes Man, $16.5 million
6. Seven Pounds, $13.4 million
7. The Tale of Despereaux, $9.4 million
8. The Day the Earth Stood Still, $7.9 million
9. The Spirit, $6.5 million
10. Doubt, $5.7 million