54 judges from different tv networks across Asia will decide this year’s winners. The Chairman of the board is Mr. Man Shu Sum from Singapore. Four were selected in the Philippines and they are Ma. Cecilia “Che-Che” Lazaro (The Probe Productions/ABS-CBN), Jessica Soho (VP for News/GMA Network), Laurenti Dyogi (VP Entertainment Division/ABS-CBN), and Nessa Valdellon (VP for Public Affairs/GMA Network).
Here are the nominations received by GMA Network:
1. Camera Cafe for Best Comedy Program
2. Bubble Gang for Best Comedy Program
3. Lovely Day for Best Children’s Program
4. All Star K! The One Million Videoke Challenge – Best Game or Quiz Program
5. Ogie Alcasid for Best Comedy Performance by an Actor/Actress
6. Michael V. for Best Comedy Performance by an Actor/Actress
QTV 11 received 1 nomination:
1. Reunion for Best Reality Program
On the other hand, ABS-CBN also received 1 nomination:
1. Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus for Best Adaptation of an Existing Format
In 2007, the Philippines was honored with 14 nominations. 10 from GMA and 4 from ABS-CBN. In 2006, we got 11 nominations.
The 13th Asian Television Awards is happening on December 11, 2008 at Hoten InterContinental, Middle Road, Singapore.