From 3,943 emails, the top 50 celebrities who received the most number of votes are the following:
Celebrities who ALMOST made the cut are: Sheena Halili, Michelle Madrigal, Ruffa Mae Quinto, Jennica Garcia, Maggie Wilson, Yeng Constantino, Angelika dela Cruz and Maggie Wilson.
THE SEMI-FINALS WILL NOW BEGIN. This is a new process to prevent the poll from being manipulated by certain people.
Here are the RULES:
1. You can only vote for TWO celebrities from among the list of TOP 50. Remember, we are asking TWO names. Entries with only 1 and/or 3 or more names listed will be DISQUALIFIED. Just post 2 names.
For example: i vote for Gretchen Barretto and Yasmien Kurdi.
INVALID: i vote for Gretchen Barretto.
INVALID: i vote for Gretchen Barretto and Gretchen Barretto.
INVALID: i vote for Gretchen Barretto, Yasmien Kurdi and Kris Bernal.
2. Votes should be posted in the Starmometer Forums under the topic 100 MOST BEAUTIFUL PINAYS of 2008. You must REGISTER first before you can be able to post in the forum. After registration, the system will check if you are a spam or not so you need to wait for a while before your registration is approved. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL on the next day with instructions on how to validate your registration. After your registration is validated, you can now post your votes under the said thread. We know this is not easy but it’s the best way we can maintain the accuracy of the poll. You can follow-up your registration by texting the username that you registered at 0916-8345087.
3. Only 1 username per entry shall be accepted. You can view all the votes there and you can post if you see invalid entries.
4. We reserve the right to ban and delete members who will post inappropriate and indecent comments. And for the one who asked if we have a DTI representative, there’s no product being endorsed here and no prize to be given away. There’s no need for a DTI rep honey.
5. This semi-finals process will now begin and end on the midnight of August 31, 2008. The 10 Finalists shall be revealed afterwards. Votes from the preliminaries will be counted in the selection of the final 10.
6. And lastly, respect each other’s opinion and express yourself in a civilized manner. Yes, we have a freedom of speech and expression but posting derogatory remarks against anyone is not allowed. Air your comments, complaints, whatever but avoid using foul language, ok?!
Check out the ranking of the Top 50 based on votes received in our forums last August 22 to 24, 2008.
The rest of the Top 50:
Alessandra de Rossi – 30
KC Concepcion – 29
Nadine Samonte – 28
Anne Curtis – 25
Toni Gonzaga – 24
Riza Santos – 24
Bianca Gonzalez – 22
Kim Chiu – 21
Iya Villania – 20
Valerie Concepcion – 17
Carmina Villaroel – 17
Lucy Torres-Gomez – 16
Gretchen Barretto – 14
Regine Velasquez – 14
Jewel Mische – 14
Jennylyn Mercado – 14
Angelica Panganiban – 12
Judy Ann Santos -12
Cristine Reyes – 11
Diana Zubiri – 11
Shaina Magdayao – 11
Precious Lara Quigaman – 11
Iza Calzado – 11
Pauleen Luna – 10
Rhian Ramos – 10
Bea Alonzo – 9
Camille Prats – 9
Mariel Rodriguez – 9
Mirriam Quiambao – 9
Roxanne Guinoo – 9
Melissa Ricks – 8
Ehra Madrigal – 7
Iwa Moto – 7
Kristine Hermosa – 6
Bianca King – 6
Glaiza de Castro – 5
Kris Bernal – 5
Claudine Barretto – 4
Yasmien Kurdi – 3
Please take note that this update reflects votes received in our forums last August 22 to 24 only. Votes from the preliminaries are not yet added.
A number of votes were disqualified. For example, those votes which are OBVIOUSLY posted by one person using different user names. See the screencaps below, you will notice the similarities of the post. The voter used different usernames but the layout are perfectly the same (same font size, same font color, same votes, same character spacing, same line spacing). Not to mention the time difference it were posted.
Here’s another one. The time difference for each post was 2 minutes and everything’s pretty similar. It took the user 2 minutes to log out and log in with the next account.
In the registration process, some factors were considered for disapproval. These factors are:
1. Unreadable usernames. Entries such as KLwDGS, PPPTDJDC, KRSTTPDW2, 77ddTT67, and wWwEeEr are most likely spambots.
2. Usernames ending with the same number for example DEMIMOORE33, AMANDAPAGE33, UNOMAGAZINE33, BARBARA33 and MARIAHCAREY33. The frequency and time pattern these usernames entered our system make it obvious that only 1 person is creating them.
3. Usernames corresponding to economic terms like parvalue, quotation, callfeature, callprice, stockevaluation, liquidationtheory, export, import, convertionfeature, eurobond, foreignbond, liquiditypreference, etc. These registrants were received at the same period of time.
4. Porn terms as usernames. These kinds of usernames correspond to spambots from porn sites that’s why they were disapproved. We normally receive a lot of them so if you happen to have chosen a “pornographic” username and you are a valid person and not a spambot, i suggest you change your username to something else.
5. Enumerated usernames. For example: Marimar1, marimar2, marimar3, marimar4, marimar5…marimar30. Usernames with numbers are ok, just like harrypotter2008 or jovita17 or mike_90210. But if there is a pattern like the marimar example above, it obviously came from 1 person only that’s why only 1 of those variants is approved. Not to mention that these usernames entered our system consecutively.
Remember the deadline of registrations for the voting process in our forums are only until tomorrow (Sunday, August 31, 2008) when the clock strikes 12. But votes are accepted until September 2.
I would like to apologize if your registration was considered as SPAM. If you are not a spam and you happen to register 2 (or more) days ago and you have not receive a confirmation email from us, please email us at starmometer (at) gmail (dot) com.